Cynthia D.M. Brown, President of Commonwealth, will be a panelist on May 7, 2013 at the RPTE CLE Program “Creating a Domestic Asset Protection Trust: An Overview of the Issues to Consider in Drafting, Funding and Administering a Delaware Asset Protection Trust”. In 1997, Delaware adopted self-settled asset protection trust legislation. Domestic asset protection trusts have become an important component of many clients’ wealth preservation and estate planning. This program will address some of the key aspects of domestic asset protection trust planning including:
- Selection of a trust jurisdiction;
- Intake and funding of domestic asset protection trusts;
- Common uses of domestic asset protection trusts;
- Drafting a domestic asset protection trust; and
- Administering a domestic asset protection trust.