CTC is a carefully selected team of trust professionals whose skill and expertise combine to provide clients with high-quality, efficient and responsive trust services. Our atmosphere is collegial and welcoming. Come join our team. We currently have the following open positions:
Are you extremely organized, detail-oriented and thorough? Do you have a keen sense of compliance, and the ability to accurately oversee the corporate financial environment within a Trust Company? If this is you, we really need to talk about your future – your potentially very bright future, with us.
Serving some of the wealthiest clients in the world, Commonwealth Trust Company is an independent family-owned boutique trust company with more than 80 years in the business of providing directed trustee solutions. What sets us apart from other trust companies is our specific focus on trust administration and not investment decisions, allowing for a singular, dedicated focus for our clients, many of whom run Fortune 500 enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a Controller, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial management of the organization, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures in addition to management of the Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk. Responsible for compliance auditing and reporting to both internal and external sources. Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to manage accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Profitability /Analysis
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Client invoice approval (Annual, Tax, Extras, Adjustments to Annual Fees) and collections
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings internally and with external auditors
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Office of State Bank Commissioner (OSBC) Reports and Bank Examination
• Audit Committee meeting participation and reporting responsibilities
• Annual insurance renewals (Workers Compensation, General Liability, E&O/D&O, Cyber)
Qualified candidates will possess, at minimum:
• B.A. or B.S. in Accounting from an accredited 4-year college or university. CPA certification a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience managing the accounting functions, preferably within a bank or trust company. Must be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
To learn more about this opportunity and/or to apply with your resume, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer.