CTC is a carefully selected team of trust professionals whose skill and expertise combine to provide clients with high-quality, efficient and responsive trust services. Our atmosphere is collegial and welcoming. Come join our team. We currently have the following open positions:
National Account Manager
Commonwealth Trust Company is seeking a National Account Manager who will be responsible for maximizing our business development potential by recognizing opportunities and working with a team of professionals to effectively and efficiently implement a prospective client’s transaction. The successful candidate will work with leadership to develop new business, visit referral sources on a regular basis, identify new referral sources and develop the Commonwealth Trust Brand. This position is based out of our Wilmington, DE office.
The primary function of the National Account Manager is to generate revenue and drive sales growth by developing relationships with high net worth advisors.
• 5+ years of sales experience in trust or related financial services; possess a Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field
• Proactive self-starter who is both accurate and detail oriented
• Strong organizational and innovative problem solving skills
• Successful experience as a sales representative with superior relationship building skills and a track record of consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and present services to attorneys, financial advisors and other professionals.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from prospecting to close
• Possess strong business acumen
• Comfort with regular business travel
• Frequent Travel
o Local travel to surrounding regions on a regular basis
o Extended travel to develop new markets at least monthly
o Represent Commonwealth Trust at conferences 3-5 times a year
• Develop centers of influence by designing and executing a strategic plan that expands the Company’s client base
• Collaborate on marketing materials
• Utilize Commonwealth’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) databases to track and drive prospecting opportunities
• Research web-based and internal databases to identify prospective advisors to high net worth individuals and families
• Compose internal and external correspondence. Strong letter and email writing skills are considered crucial in the performance of this position.
• Understand and maintain the marketing and sales budget process and support the Business Development Director in managing the budget.
• Collaborate with other Business Development Associates to formulate best practices and encourage idea generation.
• Perform other duties as required by the position.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package which include medical, dental, vision, medical flexible spending account, voluntary life, short term disability and a Simple IRA.
Serving some of the wealthiest clients in the world, Commonwealth Trust Company is an independent, privately-owned boutique trust company with more than 80 years in the business of providing trustee solutions. What sets us apart from other trust companies is our focus on trust administration and not investment decisions, allowing for a singular, dedicated focus to our clients, many of whom run Fortune 500 enterprises.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
If integrity is the backbone of your daily life, you’re the type of professional we’re seeking to join our Legal Department as Trust Counsel. Working with the Vice President – Legal Affairs, this position acts as in-house counsel responsible for reviewing trust and other documents prepared by the client’s counsel, drafting documents (releases, etc.), advising staff on legal matters and supervising the Trust Administrators in the administration of accounts.
Serving some of the wealthiest clients in the world, Commonwealth Trust Company is an independent family-owned boutique trust company with more than 80 years in the business of providing trustee solutions. What sets us apart from all other trust companies is our specific focus on trust administration and not investment decisions, allowing for a singular, dedicated focus for our clients, many of whom run Fortune 500 enterprises. We are a local, privately owned non-depository trust company.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Legal Department, including the Trust Counsel, to assure that the company’s fiduciary responsibilities are properly discharged, that clients are served expeditiously and professionally, and that the company’s business is conducted in such a way as to accomplish our client’s goals without creating undue risk to the company. It is necessary to combine exemplary client service with diligent risk management.
Duties and responsibilities also include the following:
• Work closely with clients’ attorneys and other advisors in the drafting of trusts and other legal documents, working collaboratively to ensure that trust accounts accepted by CTC are governed by documents that adhere to CTC’s standards
• Review other documents, including partnership agreements and LLC operating agreements, with a view towards whether they are acceptable to CTC
• Draft release agreements and other documents relating to the opening, administration and closing of trust accounts
• Prepare Trust Summaries
• Review Distribution Memos and Funds Transfer Forms, and work with Trust Administrators to ensure that CTC has received and analyzed all information and documentation necessary for CTC to make an informed decision regarding making transfers of assets from trust accounts
• Review all documents that are for the signature of CTC’s Authorized Signers
• Assist in the representation of CTC with regard to any pending litigation
• Adhere to all of CTC’s policies and procedures and ensure that support personnel also do so
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Legal Affairs
Education & Qualifications
• Minimum JD or LLB from an accredited law school; LLM or MBA a plus.
• Current admission to Bar of any state.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in the Trust & Estates group (or related area of practice) of a law firm or with a trust company or bank trust department.
• Should have familiarity with sophisticated estate planning techniques and transactional skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
• Computer skills: Ability to use Microsoft Office. Past experience with trust accounting software (e.g., AccuTrust, SEI or SunGard) a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer